Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2022

*A Little Break LOL*

(I laugh because of the play on words...)

The universe decided to smack me upside the head on the 13th... well, more of a smack down I suppose.  I was walking from my car to the office and I managed to slip and fall... and I heard a crack... I ended up in the Emergency Room for 8 hours and discovered I broke my right wrist.

Did I mention I'm right handed?

They casted me and sent me on my way with an appointment with the orthopaedic clinic scheduled for next week.  I ended up back in Emerg for 9 hours Friday because my arm had swollen up so badly.  They ended up removing my cast, taking more Xrays, doing a CT and then splinting my arm... and booking me for surgery on the 22nd.  I have 4 separate fractures in my wrist and the best hope for a good recovery is to add some hardware to my wrist.

I have cards made however typing one handed is super slow... I will write up posts for any of the design team stuff I've created but I think that will be it.  I have no idea how long I'll be away from my creative space... I'm so sad that I won't be able to create!

3 comments:

  1. Oeps Nancy, that doesn't sounds like something that is quickly over... Wish you all the best for the op! And sending some positive energy your way for the time after with healing and probebly fysio and traing! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I'm so sorry you fell and are facing surgery. Good luck with recovery and rehab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all the best for a safe surgery and swift recovery, although I know from experience these things take time. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)