Pages

Thursday, October 06, 2022

*Time Out Challenges #224*

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the team at Time Out had originally had our challenge today as a Breast Cancer challenge... as a colon cancer survivor (x2), I respectfully asked if we could change it to a cancer awareness challenge... everyone knows about and talks about breast cancer, but no one talks about colon cancer (and many other cancers).  It's SO important to me that we talk about all forms of cancer, that we not be embarrassed about talking about our health, our bodies and the changes we are experiencing.  I shudder to think about where I'd be today had I not mentioned my symptoms to my doctor... as embarrassing as it was to talk about bodily functions.

Anyway....  we would love to see your cancer awareness cards for the next two weeks... those cards you'd send if your friend or your Mom or your brother was diagnosed with cancer... those cards meant to brighten the day, even if for a minute. 


Having been the recipient of many of these cards, I can tell you that they were bright marks in some very dark moments.  It was so nice to get the mail and see a card there for me... it meant I was on the mind of a friend... that I wasn't alone... that there could still be sunshine.  This sentiment was the perfect one in my mind...  Do you know someone who's recently had a cancer diagnosis?  Send them a card.  Don't know what to say?  A simple "you're in my heart" or "you're in my thoughts" or "A little sunshine in card form" always hit the spot with me... leave out the religion unless you know your friend is religious.  Put in humour if you know that's the type of person they are.  But don't stress over it... it truly is the thought that counts!

Card Info
*Dies:  MFT Stitched Rectangles; Pink Fresh Studio Rainbow Floral
*Washi Tape:  Pink Fresh Studio Rainbow Floral
*Etc:  Pink Fresh Studio Foiled Sentiments
*Challenges:  Time Out #224


2 comments:

  1. I love the colours and the beautiful flowers on thism one! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy... I love, love, love Pink Fresh washi, especially how your put these rainbow flowers together. Just beautiful. Thank you so much for the invite to GD this special week.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)