Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

*Taking Inspiration*

 When I create, sometimes I come up with ideas on my own and sometimes I get inspiration from Pinterest or Instagram.  And when I share my cards for others to see, I have no problem with others taking inspiration from what I've created.  If I worried about it, I wouldn't share.  It's nice to get credit, but it's not necessary.  I hope that's how others feel as well.

For my card today I did get inspiration elsewhere... I don't have the exact card to link to, but I saw a pin that pointed to THIS BLOG and decided to make one similar to it.  You can also find Debby on Pinterest if you want more inspiration!

Thanks for the inspiration Debby!

I bought this paper a LOT of years ago and I tend to hoard it because I like it so much.  I'm getting close to running out which makes me a little sad... but then I see a card turn out the way I wanted it to and I don't feel so sad any more!


To create the snow flurry on the bottom of the card, I used some chunky white embossing powder.  I sprinkled it (without ink) on the front of a white panel and then heated it from underneath with my heat tool, being careful to not get too close (which is easy to do since you can't really see).  You have to hold that cardstock pretty still and honesty there's no good way to do anything but random, but I really like how it looks.

Card Info
*Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! Old Olive; silver foil, shimmer blue; sparkle silver
*Paper:  Best Creation Winter Wonderful
*Images:  Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Christmas
*Dies:  Taylored Expressions Simple Strips, Simple Strips Backer; Stampin' Up! Sounds of the Season
*Embellishments:  Christmas Red Stickles
*Etc:  Stampendous Chunky White embossing Powder; foam adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)