Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

*Cupcake Snowman*

Another beautiful day in Calgary today. Not as warm as the last few days, but the sun is shining and that makes me happy! It's not been too often in my memory that we haven't needed at least a heavy jacket (if not a snow suit) under Halloween costumes! When I was a little girl, Mom always made our costumes larger so that our winter wear would fit underneath it. The one year I went out trick or treating with Bruce and the boyz, there was so much ice we were all slipping and sliding. Tomorrow might actually be an enjoyable evening to be outside!

I went back to TaeKwon Do last night... I haven't trained since the first of October. I was nervous but it went ok. I listened to my body but found I was capable of doing the work as required. However, this morning my back is acting up just the littlest bit. Not sure if that is a result of the TKD or something else. I will have to do some stretching and see how things feel on Monday.

This card came together after I did a little experimenting with a few different things. First, I ran this piece of Coredinations cardstock through my Cuttlebug and sanded the embossed parts so that the snowflakes are the colour of the core of my cardstock. I loved the result but set it aside for several weeks. Then I bought this new Hero Arts snowman and stamped him up.... and let him sit for a while. Then I saw a post on Maryanne's Blog about how to make the white on a snowman look whiter so I pulled out my Copics and coloured. And that sat for a little while.

And finally, one day, all of the planets aligned and I was able to make the pieces into a card I like! Woo Hoo!

I'm off to the gym this morning and then back to work... sure hope my headache doesn't come back!

Enjoy your day!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Nancy! It is soooo cute - I love snowman & your coloring is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background on this card. It looks great. My mind is spinning with all the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)