Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

*Another Chilly Day*

I am really really tired of the crappy weather we've been having in Calgary. We get a few nice sunny and warm days and then it turns cold again. It is just not right for the temperature to be hovering around freezing on the 20th of May.

My beautiful flowers are still living in the shed. I hope to get them planted in the next week or so. And then I just pray that the weather stays warm enough that I won't have to worry about them.

I really love how this card turned out. It's my submission for MojoMonday Challenge #87. I sent this card off to my sister and brother in law who celebrated their 19th wedding anniversary on the 19th. (today would have been my parents 49th wedding anniversary!)

I used patterned paper from Sonburn Designs along with some Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock. The heart is a chipboard button embellishment also from Sonburn. It's hard to see, but the white panel on the left was embossed with the Stylized Flower Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (in my Big Shot). I used the Blossom Spellbinders die for the flower. The sentiment says "Follow Your Heart" and is a Stampin' Up! rub-on. I used the Stampin' Up scallop border punch for the scallop border and finally, a little ribbon from Michaels on the heart.

I love the colour combination of the light blue and celery green together.... and the sketch was a lot of fun! You should give it a shot too!!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

4 comments:

  1. Very, very nice card. That's so nice of you to remember their anniversary. You do very good work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combo!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, this weather is killing me! Enough is enough! I love the card Nance! Beauty for an anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)