Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

*Cal Gals Challenge*

Another crappy weather day in Calgary. Will we ever get spring? Probably will get spring for the summer and then go straight into winter again. Looking at the 14 day extended forecast on AccuWeather, I see the crappy weather continues with the daytime highs way below seasonl averages. It's just not fair!!! Today it's chilly and raining. I just want sunshine and warmth!!

When the CalGals met in April, Tracy suggested that we take turns bringing a challenge of some sort for all of us to try that night. For some of us (like Merlie), this was the first time a card had been completed at my house on a Friday night.

That Friday, Tracy brought us a sketch to try.... and this is what I came up with!

I used Kiwi Kiss and Tangerine Tango (love this colour combination) along with Whisper White for my card. The images are from Inkadinkadoo -- Dot Flourishes and Doodle Flowers. I used the two sizes of oval punch from Stampin' Up as well. To add a little more interest I put the orange layer through my BigShot with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and added a little bling to the ovals.

I like this one... thanks for the challenge Trace!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

4 comments:

  1. Hey no problem...YOURS turned out great!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Looking forward to our next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Nancy.
    Love all the extra's. Looks like it was a lot of work but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)