Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

*One Card, Two Challenges*

Happy Friday, everyone... the kids were off school yesterday and today for Teacher's Convention and Monday is a holiday (Heritage Day in Alberta).  Sadly I had the alarm set for both yesterday (I had a 9am doctor appointment) and today (the kids had dentist appointments at 10.  Thankfully, neither day was a 7am wake up call LOL!

For those who have been concerned about my headaches, I talked to the doctor about them yesterday.  She isn't concerned about them and I am pretty sure that they have all been weather related.  I know many people who have weather related headaches here in Calgary and with most of my headaches, at least one of my friends (if not several) had headaches on the same days as I did.

Sadly, there's nothing I can do to prevent weather related headaches.

I've had some fun playing in the last few days...  got myself caught up on some of my favourite challenges for this week.  Today I am sharing a card that uses the Mojo Monday 178 sketch and the Curtain Call Act 69 Color Challenge.
Items Used:
*Cardstock: PTI White; Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler
*Images: Penny Black
*Ink: Stampin' Up! Real Red
*Tools: Big Shot; Spellbinders Nestabilities; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder
*Embellishments: unknown bling; Michael's button; Stampin' Up! Real Red ribbon
*Challenges:  Mojo178; Curtain Call Act 69



I had a tough time with the colour challenge, and almost decided to not play at all.  First, I found it tough to do something with two shades of red, and then I found it very difficult to use both white and Very Vanilla on the same card (to me, it's either one or the other).  But I persevered and came up with something I am mostly pleased with.

I hope you find some time to craft this weekend... it's going to be another cold weekend in Calgary so I think that there might be some more creating in my future!

Now it's time to turn off the lights in the craft room and figure out what the heck I'm going to make for supper....  I hate that job LOL!

Enjoy your weekend!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

5 comments:

  1. This is cute, Nancy. I have had headaches too...not fun! We are having Nachos tonight. Em has a friend over...her choice. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand what you mean about using BOTH white and vanilla...I always thought it was one of the other, too! You put it together beautifully though! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards you've been showing lately.
    I have some advice for the headaches - I suffered for 20 years with barometric migraines (weather headaches). I've been clear of them now for three years. My solution, given to me by a friend, is to take 250mg of Magnesium Citrate daily - with a meal at the same time every day. I asked my doctor and he said I should try it as I had tried every drug on the market. I tried it and am free - it's such a relief not to be able to predict the weather anymore. You should check with your doctor and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, for something you're mostly happy with, this is ONE AWESOME card! Love the sketch! Hear in the Kootenays in BC we are in a cold snap too, not as cold as Calgary but...Stay cozy and warm in your craft room:)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)