Pages

Monday, January 14, 2019

*2019 Christmas Cards #1*

You are *not* seeing things....  yes, this is a Christmas Card! I found a "new to me" blog, the ABC Christmas Challenge, and I've decided to play along.  At least, that is my plan here in January LOL!

For the month of January, they are doing two letters... both A and B.

This is my entry for A -- Anything Goes.  Of course I chose a snowflake!

I used some new Stampin' Up! dies I got just as I finished up my Christmas cards for 2018 and did it as an inlay on the card front which is layered on some blue glitter paper.  I used another blue glitter snowflake on the centre of the big snowflake and added a sentiment from Catherine Pooler Design stamped in Encore Ultimate Metallic blue ink and embossed with blue pearl embossing powder.  I pulled out my Perfect Layers tool to create that perfect 1/16th" border around the front panel.

My very sweet hubby has made me a light box for taking my photos in... I need to work on the lighting a bit as I realize you can't really see the sparkle on this card.  I have a new light arriving later this week so hopefully that will help.  I like how the photos look a little more professional without all the craft table mess in the background LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Brautiful lnlaid snowflake with the sparkle cardstock. Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card I LOVE the simplicity of it, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - love that huge snowflake!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)