Pages

Wednesday, March 06, 2019

*I Interrupt The Regularly Scheduled Programming....*

Hey All... just a quick interruption in card posts...  I will be posting this a few times over the next few months.

As many of you know, I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer in May 2017.  I was lucky that it was found and lucky that we caught it at late stage II.  I had surgery to remove more than half of my colon on June 23 2017 and in August 2017 I started oral chemo.... 2 weeks of pills with a week off in between.  I ended up reacting pretty roughly to the chemo and not only did we have to spread out my chemo rounds a little more, I also had to take a leave of absence from work.

It was during that leave of absence that my friend Bonnie and I started hanging out more and I started crafting more.  I have been card making since 1996 but once I started working full time 7 years ago, my crafty time decreased dramatically, as did my desire to create. 

I am thankful that this awful disease led me back to creating ... and I so happy to be making again!

This is all here to give you a background as to why I'm asking for donations.  Last year, on the anniversary of my surgery, I walked with family and friends in the 5k Push For Your Tush in Calgary.  Now, I walk every single day so a 5k isn't a big deal for me... but the fundraising for Colon Cancer Cancer is a big deal.  This organization helps patients and families diagnosed with Colon Cancer as well as funds research in to Colon Cancer.

If you can, I'd love it if you could click HERE to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)