Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2019

*Moonstone Nuvo Paste*

It is finally warmer in Calgary... the sun is shining and we have been above the freezing mark for about a week or so.... and this coming week should only get better!

I ordered some Moonstone Nuvo Drops recently... I had two reasons....  (1) I haven't really played with stencils and texture pastes and (2) I loved the idea that this would add sparkle without blocking the colours I had already used.  It arrived the day before a day long crop I went to last week so it was the first thing I pulled out.

I took a white panel, cut 1/4" smaller on both sides than a full card front and I used my Post It Tape to tape off a strip down the centre of the card on a diagonal.  I attached the white panel to the door of my Stamparatus and then positioned the Catherine Pooler stamp under it on the base.  I find that when using these large background stamps, it helps to have the stamp on the base instead of the door.  I stamped it with black ink and then used my Life Changing Blender Brushes and some Catherine Pooler inks to blend over the  stamped image.  I set it aside to dry a little but I should have left it longer as the green colour smeared a little in the next step.  I used a palette knife and the Nuvo Paste and put a thin layer over the image.  Before it dried, I removed the Post It Tape and set it aside to dry again.  I added the MFT Cheers die cut out of purple cardstock and layered it all on to a white card.

Not bad for a first try... I have some other ideas in my head but need to find the time and energy to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)