Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

*A Happy Day*

I created a second Alcohol Pearl background the other day and honestly, I didn't really like it.  The colours muddled together a little too much and it just wasn't right.  I kept looking at it, hating that I could be wasting the Yupo Paper because of it.

I wanted to throw it out....  but I didn't.

And one day, right before I was going to throw it out, I decided to try stamping on the background.  I wasn't sure how the Yupo would take the Memento ink... but it did just fine.  It did take a while to dry so I set it aside for a while before I used the die to cut out the AlteNew Weekend Doodles wreath.
And once it was cut out, I really liked what I had created!  Once again I used that stamp from the MFT Distressed Patterned set and some Twilight Catherine Pooler ink to create a background for the wreath.  I was careful to mask off the inside of the wreath as I knew I wanted to place my sentiment there.  I stamped the sentiment in Midnight Catherine Pooler ink, added a bright blue layer and put it all on to a white card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)