Pages

Friday, May 10, 2019

*Feel Better Soon*

A good friend of mine slipped and fell a few weeks ago after Calgary got hit with a spring snow storm... she managed to break her foot in four places.  I thought I'd create a card for her to brighten her day a little bit.

Back at the beginning of the month, the Scrap'n Stamp Design Team participated in a Floral Frenzy Blog Hop, and I had a lot of the flowers I had die cut left over.  I mean, a lot.  So I decided I'd use those flowers to create the other two cards for my design team posts as well!  Make it a sort of series, I suppose.

This card was really simple to do. I had already cut out the flowers from My Favorite Things Stitched Blooms in four different colours of cardstock. I have this set of dies for a very long time but have never cut the pieces apart, so I placed the all together die on a piece of white cardstock that I cut down to 4.75" X 3.5" and cut it out, allowing pieces to overlap. I took out the white pieces and placed regular scotch tape along the back of the white panel so that the sticky part of the tape showed through the front of each of the spaces. I then laid in the coloured die cuts and pushed them down to stick to the scotch tape. When I had them all down, I trimmed off the flower edges.

I then cut a slightly larger panel in the same green I had used for the die cuts and layered the floral panel on top of it before putting it all on to a white card. I then put the piece in to my stamp positioning tool so that I could stamp the sentiment from the My Favorite Things Essential Sentiments stamp set in VersaFine Claire ink in black. I did it in the stamp positioning tool so that I could restamp it a few times to ensure I got even coverage since I was working on a less than smooth surface.

To finish off the card, I added some of the circle elements from the die set to add a little more dimension.


I still have LOTS of those flowers to play with.... I'll be back at the end of the month with another card using these same flowers!

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Nancy -- I like the way you found to use the multiple diecuts as a background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheryl... and I still have more flowers left!

      Delete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)