Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

*Let's Celebrate Candles*

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Here we are, at the end of May, and temperatures here in Calgary have been wonderful for about a week now.  Things are nice and green, flowers are starting to bloom...  I love spring and summer!

I created a card a few days ago for the upcoming Scrap 'n Stamp Blog Hop (happening on June7th) and I used a scrap from that card to create this card.
I started out with stamping the candles and the sentiment from Lawn Fawn on the centre of a side fold white card.  I coloured the images simply with my Copics, ensuring I didn't lay down a lot of ink so that it wouldn't soak through the front of my card.  I had this inked and stitched frame as a scrap on my desk and I added it to the front of the card.  I inked the cardstock with the rainbow of colours of Distress Inks and cut the frame with some MFT stitched rectanges.  Honestly, it was going to hit the recycling bin but I am SO happy it was sitting on my desk so that I could use it on this card.

To finish off the card, I added some Crystal Stickles to the candle flames.

I tried something a little different for photographing this card (and will try it for a while.  Instead of doing the card standing up, I am trying to do it with the card laying flat inside of my home made light box.  Let me know if you have an opinion on this as I'm not sure which is better at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)