Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2019

*AAA Birthday Game #2*

Once again, very excited to have had some time on my days off to play along with the AAA Birthday Card Challenge blog....  this month, their challenge is to use water colours in your creation.
Now, I will admit, I haven't done a lot with either my water colour markers or my Ken Oliver Colour Bursts, so I was a little unsure of what I wanted to do.  I was cruising Pinterest and found a post with a colour combination I liked so I decided to play a little bit... and this is what I ended up with
And you know what?  I like it!

I used a bright blue and bright green colour of my Zig Water Colour markers on a piece of water colour paper.  I started by scribbling the colours on the paper and then moving it around with water.  I then added more colour while the paper was still wet and added more water to get the colours to move a little more.  I know I need to keep playing with this as it's pretty amateur but I am pleased with it.

Instead of hitting it with my heat tool to force it to dry more quickly, I let it sit for a half hour to dry on its own.  I put the panel in my Misti and inked up the stamps by Lawn Fawn with Black VersaFine Claire ink (my new favourite!).  I used the Misti because I knew I wanted a very crisp black on top of the water colour so I was able to restamp the images several times to get the darkness I wanted on the textured water colour paper.  To finish off the card, I used my Perfect Layers Tool to create a 1/16" blue border around the water colour panel and then put it all on to a white card.  And, true to me, I added a little sparkle to the centres of the balloons with my Wink of Stella clean pen.

Thanks for popping by for a visit!!

8 comments:

  1. very cool, love the watercolor combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours, so pretty and I love balloons! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the colours were my jump off spot... glad you liked them!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for playing along with the AAA Birthday watercolour challenge this month. I love the fresh colour scheme you chose and the addition of the Wink of Stella really finishes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the little "somethin' somethin'" the Wink of Stella adds to a project

      Delete
  4. Lovely colors behind those cute little balloons,beautiful card.Thank you so much for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)