Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2019

*AAA Cards Game #145*

It's time for another challenge over at the AAA Cards Challenge Blog.  I hope you will play along with the prompt this month!!  You have two weeks to create your card and link it up with the Challenge on the blog.  The sponsor for this month is Precious Remembrance Shop.  Be sure to check out the card from our guest designer as well... you will find Sharon's blog HERE.
For this challenge, you can use only one main image... and the optional twist is positivity.  I took this to mean something that is encouraging and I was thrilled to finally use this very long stamp from an AlteNew Set I've had for a while now.
The card I created is long a skinny, perfect for a business sized envelope.  It measures 8.5"X 3.5".  I don't do this shape too often, but do like how they look.  It's something a little different.

I took my top fold card and Stamped the AlteNew Beloved Daisy stamps using Catherine Pooler Sweet Sixteen, Pixie Dust and Grape Crush inks for the flower and generation stamped the centre pieces in Tiki Torch ink.  I used my Misti to stamp the sentiment from the Bad Days Happen set from AlteNew in Nocturne VersaFine Clair ink.  As a final touch, I used some Frosted Lace Stickles on the centre of the flower to create a little interest and dimension.

Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Neenah Solar White
*Ink:  VersaFine Clair Nocturne, Catherine Pooler Tiki Torch, Sweet Sixteen, Pixie Dust, Grape Crush
*Stamps:  AlteNew Beloved Daisy and Bad Days Happen
*Tools:  Scor-Pal, Misti
*Embellishments:  Frosted Lace Stickles



8 comments:

  1. That's a great positive sentiment and fabulous purple flower, cool card

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous - and purple too! So lovely to see a long thin card and it holds your wonderful sentiment quote perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true, just like "this too shall pass" can mean both the good and bad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful purple flower and non-traditional sized card. I also find the sentiment to be positive. Sometimes we need the bad days...it's all a part of life. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without the bad days, we can't truly appreciate the good ones!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love everything about this card! The purple flower, the 'different' shape, the sentiment. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)