Pages

Thursday, July 04, 2019

*CASology #347*

I saw the prompt for the CASology challenge that was posted a few days ago and thought I'd skip it as I don't have any stamps that fit the theme....  but then I decided to think outside the box....


I have no citrus stamps... at least I don't think I do.  So instead I decided to make a card using citrus colours!  I use my Picket Fence Studio Life Changing Blending Brushes to create a yellow and orange panel using Catherine Pooler inks (in Limoncello and Orange Twist).  I set it aside to dry for a few minutes and then smeared a thin layer of Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Moonstone over top of the panel.  I set that aside to dry for about an hour.   I created a green layer for my card by blending Lime Rickey ink on a white panel and using my Perfect Layers Tool to create my favourite 1/16" border.  I put that on to a side folding white card.   I cut the word "birthday" out of the yellow and orange panel using this great Hero Arts die and adhered it to the front panel with liquid glue.  To finish it off, I stamped the word "wishes" from the Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy stamp set in the Lime Rickey ink.

This is the beauty of the CASology challenges...  they are word suggestions and you can take it whatever direction you want, as long as you keep your creation clean and simple.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome job with the cue - these are the perfect colors! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the birthday looks ombre, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I colour blended orange and yellow before covering it with the Moonstone Nuvo Glimmer Paste... then cut out the word, I had hoped to have green in there too but it honestly just looked too muddy

      Delete
  3. Loving your out of the box creation, Nancy! The ombre colours and sparkle on the sentiment are just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fresh citrus colours - great idea for our cue word. Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)