Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

*Let's Celebrate*

And POOF!  July is over.  Hubby and I both celebrated birthdays in the last week, the sun finally came out and chased away the cooler temperatures and rain, I've had some time to sit in the sun with a good book... and now we are looking to August.  I swear to you, (and I know I've said this before) the older I get, the faster the years go!

I wanted a very quick and easy card a few weeks ago as I was late sending out a birthday greeting... so I grabbed some Lawn Fawn stamps and my gel pens and off I went.
This card came together nice and quick, except for the colouring... I forgot how careful you have to be with gel pens when you're colouring over an image you haven't embossed.  The gel will cover your stamped lines which can really mess with the stamped image and how the final product looks.  So I took my time as I wanted the shimmer of the metallic gel ink.

Items Used:
*Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Simply Celebrate
*Ink:  gel pens, VersaFine Clair Nocturne
*Tools:  Big Shot, Lawn Fawn Simply Celebrate die, Perfect Layers Tool
*Paper:  MFT
*etc:  Stampin' Dimensionals (both sizes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)