Pages

Friday, April 17, 2020

*Anniversary Card*

Back in March I had a text from a friends' husband.... he and his wife had been talking about stuff and she told him that I make cards.  I had a message from him a day later, asking if I could please make a card from him to give to his wife for their 20th wedding anniversary.  Of course I said yes.

But all of this came during that first week of self-isolation in Calgary so I made the card, he said he'd come by and I said I'd leave it taped to the front door.  About an hour later he texted me that he was here and there was nothing taped to the door.  Either the wind (which was blowing pretty good) grabbed it and took it away or someone else came up to our door and took the card.  I'm hoping for the wind.  So, while he waited in his truck, I took 25 minutes to recreate the card for him.

I'm happy to report that his wife loved the card... she said she knew I'd made it as soon as she saw the front of it.  I am so happy to have been a part of their 20th anniversary!
Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Neenah Solar White; Stampin' Up! Basic Black; silver glitter
*Images:  Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background; Stampendous Big Words Happy
*Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Dies:  Taylored Expressions Simple Strips, Simple Strips Backer; Hero Arts Infinity Heart
*Tools:  Gemini Jr; Misti; Perfect Layers
*Embellishments:  Lawn Fawn Liquid Stardust; Nuvo Shimmer pen

1 comment:

  1. That was very kind of you to remake it for him. A very special card indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)