Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2021

*AAACards #182*

It's time for another challenge with the clean and simple team at AAACards.  For the next two weeks, we want to see your one layer cards with the option of silhouette.  Our guest designer is is Monika... please go have a look at her fabulous blog!  For your chance to be a guest designer on an upcoming challenge, be sure to share your clean and simple one layer card with us before February 6th!  Head on over to the blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with!

I had a different idea in my head for this card but while I was getting my supplies out, I had this idea.  I cut a card front sized panel and then used an oval die to cut out an oval and then used that as a mask on the front of my card before using Distress Inks to create the colourful oval.  I removed the mask and then used my Misti to stamp on top of the oval... I wanted to have a way of stamping a second time if my ink wasn't quite dark enough.

Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Neenah Classic Crest Cover Solar White 110lb
*Images:  Lil' Inker Fresh Cut Flowers; Gina K Crazy Daisy
*Ink:  Distress Ink in Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers; Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Dies:  Stampin' Up! Layered Ovals
*Tools:  Big Shot; Tim Holtz blending tools
*Embellishments:  Honey Bee Prism Gems


5 comments:

  1. lovley card and placement, fabulous sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool card Nancy! Love how peaceful and serene it is - good one to focus on when practising mindfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Nancy. I love the sentiment and the gorgeous ink blended background.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. The oval is great! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sentiment, wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)