Pages

Friday, January 22, 2021

*Layers Layers Layers*

I had fun putting this card together for you today....  I am on the Scrap 'n Stamp Canada blog with this card, following along with the Random Acts of Cardness prompt for today.  That prompt word is LAYERS.  And I went a little nuts with the layers.  Including the mats under each layer, there are 8 layers plus the card front!  Using a 6X6 patterned paper pack from My Favorite Things made it super easy to choose the papers for my layers.

At the end of the post I have a little surprise for you too!  I did a VIDEO to demonstrate how to use the We R Memory Keepers Layers Guides that I LOVE!  Most people don't understand the concept of these tools and I LOVE them and use them on almost every card I made.  I hope the video explains things for you.

But first, the card I created...  it's so totally not my clean and simple style but I sure do love it!

Items Used:
*Tools:  Big Shot; Layers Guides
*Etc:  foam adhesive; Be Creative Tape

And now, on to the video... please be kind as it's my first... and I have no idea how to edit a video (nor the time I think it would take to not only learn how but also to just do it) so this was all done in one take, mistakes and all LOL!  If you have any questions about the Layers Guides, let me know and I'll try to help!  These are truly the tool I reach for most on my craft desk!



In case you can't see the video (like it doesn't show up on my phone but shows up on my laptop), here is the link to YouTube...  


4 comments:

  1. You did a great job on the video, Nancy! You should consider doing more. I have the WeRMemory Keepers set, having bought them after seeing the 1/16" frames on your cards. Thanks for the tip on lifting the top layer to provide an edge to catch. And I like the layers on your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Video Nancy! I have often wondered how this tool works! This item will be added to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first video Nancy! Hoping to see many more. Where can I buy this neat tool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the link in the post to buy them from the Scrap 'n Stamp shop in BC. Under Tools in the Items Used section of the post!

      Delete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)