Pages

Friday, February 26, 2021

*Stencils*

 I honestly didn't think I'd ever "get in to" stencils... when I first started seeing them it was a lot more mixed media stuff and it wasn't my style.  I don't know what changed (probably me) but I have found myself gravitating towards stencils when I'm shopping.  To the point of wandering around a trendy shopping area in Calgary on the weekend and stopping in front of the art store because of all the stencils they had hanging in the window display.  

Today, the Scrap 'n Stamp Canada Random Acts of Cardness prompt is Stencils... and since I put an "s" on the end of my prompt word, I decided I should use more than one stencil.  I used two LOL!

I wish I had taken photos of the process, but honestly, I was in the creative zone and didn't even think of it.

I started out with the smaller white panel for the front of my card.  I used a Taylored Expressions Masking Stencil and some inks and blending brushes to create the centre panel.  I set it aside to dry for about a half hour before carrying on with the card because I didn't want to work on top of the colours if they were still wet.  I then adhered a patterned stencil on top and using Purple, masked off everything except that colour rectangle.  I put a layer of Glimmer Paste over top and once again, set it aside for about an hour so that it would fully dry. 

The rest of the card came together easily using my Layers Guide to create that great 1/16" mat behind the front panel.

Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Neenah Classic Crest Cover Solar White; Lawn Fawn Sugarplum
*Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne; Tim Holtz Distress Inks Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet
*Stencils:  Taylored Expressions Rectangle Masking Stencil; Paper Rose Big Drops
*Tools:  Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes; Layers Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)