Pages

Friday, April 23, 2021

*Squares*

I've had some fun this month playing with some different geometric shapes.  At the beginning of the month I did my Scrap 'n Stamp hop card plus another card that featured circles, earlier this week was a card with diamonds (pay attention.... you'll see where those diamonds came from in a minute).  Today I'm playing with squares.

My diamond card from earlier this week used the insides of these open squares... it's why I don't throw good scraps out!

I knew what I wanted to do with this card... sort of.  I had a vision of these open square frames but I honestly didn't know what to do with them.  So I cut them using some nesting square dies and let them sit on my desk for a few days.  I'd play with them here and there and finally I found this and ran with it.

To get the frames, I used only nesting dies... two dies, the larger one two sizes bigger than the smaller one.  I used Purple Tape to keep them together, trying to keep the frame the same on all four sides of the square (they are a little wonky, but they are close).  I laid them out in the pattern that made me happy and rather than try to glue them down one piece at a time, I picked them all up with Press 'n Seal (yup, the stuff in the kitchen).  I put glue on the back of it all and then picked up the Press 'n Seal and was able to see through it so I could get it placed where I wanted on my card panel.  I thought this was a great way to use up some smaller scraps of patterned paper in my stash.

Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Neenah Classic Crest Cover Solar White 110lb
*Patterned Paper:  My Favorite Things Dots & Stripes Bright
*Dies:  Waffle Flower Nesting Squares; Picket Fence Studio Hello Word 
*Tools:  Layers Guide
*Embellishments:  Nuvo Shimmer Pen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)