Pages

Friday, May 07, 2021

*Bling 'n Blossoms Blog Hop*


It's the first Friday of the month which means it's time for another fun Blog Hop with the team at Scrap 'n Stamp Canada.  This month we got to play with two of my favourite things.... bling and blossoms!!  I hope you'll stop by each blog in the hop and leave a comment for each of the design team members.  Every time you leave a comment on a blog hop post your name is entered in a draw.  This month the prize is a $50 gift card from Scrap 'n Stamp Canada

In addition, Scrap 'n Stamp Canada is having a Mother's Day sale this weekend!  Valid May 7th to May 10th, 2021.  (While supplies last, valid with any other coupons, sales or promotions.  Not applicable on previous purchases)  Just use the code Pamper to receive 20% off!

I love flowers and I love sparkle, but it wasn't an easy theme for me because I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do!!!  This is the card I finally ended up with... and I loved it so much I sent it to my bestie for her birthday.  She's also a card maker so I try to send her a card I really love for the special occasions in her world.


I started with a piece of white cardstock cut down to 4X5.25" and I used some purple tape to adhere the Gina K Mega Flower stencil to the piece.  I then used some Tim Holtz Twisted Citron ink (this is such a beautiful green!) and used a detail blending tool to get the ink on just the centres of the flowers.  I know I didn't do it perfectly, but flowers aren't perfect, are they?  I used a paper towel to carefully remove the excess ink from the front of the stencil before using a palette knife to cover the entire stencil in Moonstone Nuvo Glimmer Paste.  I peeled off the stencil while it was all still wet and set my panel aside to dry for about 20 minutes.  

I cut the word "friend" out of black cardstock three times and layered them together using Gina K Connect Glue to create some dimension.   I stamped the sentiment from My Favorite Things with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and layered it on to black cardstock.  I used my Perfect Layers Tool to create the 1/16" border all around the white piece.  I used foam adhesive on the back of the sentiment to add just a touch more dimension.

And now it's time to head to the next stop in the Hop...  or start at the beginning.... just be sure to visit each stop and leave a comment on each blog.  The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have at winning a great prize from Scrap 'n Stamp!


13 comments:

  1. So much glitter & sparkle - I love it!! What a fun & fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the white on white flowers, with just the centres coloured. And isn't glitter paste the best? Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a beautiful card Nancy. Love the glam and the design and sparkle - love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the white on white with all that sparkle- Beautiful card Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the glittery white on white of your card! Beautiful work Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Both bold and beautiful and soft and sparkly! I love your attention to detail. This card will certainly make your friend feel special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE all the glitter! WOW! Great bling card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, I'm smitten with your white/black and pop of colour floral card! And the sparkle...swoon! A glittery, shimmery delight!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, love the sparkle. I'm obsessed lately with a black sentiment on a white background. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this pretty stencil design and the sparkle! Beautiful card!
    Happy Mother's Day weekend to all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my I'll bet this is extra pretty in person! I like the nuvo glittery centers idea and all the shimmery goodness! I tried to do just the center's once and nope... that is a special talent I think. Lovely lovely card. 🌻 HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card Nancy! I am sure your friend will be very happy. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card. I'm sure your friend will love it, especially since she knows what goes into making a card. I have never tried glimmer paste, it must be gorgeous in person!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)