Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2021

*Addicted to CAS #206*

Happy Saturday Crafty Friends!  It's time for a new clean and simple challenge at Addicted to CAS... we want to see your clean and simple leaf cards!  Share them with us HERE for your chance to be chosen as a guest designer for an upcoming challenge.


A friend of mine did a Facebook Live a few weeks ago using a "floating element" technique I hadn't seen before.... Sadly it doesn't come across too well in the photo.  I started with some scraps of cardstock and cut them in to strips.  I then glued them to the front of a piece of acetate, leaving empty strips in between.  Once they were dry, I cut it out in to the circle shape.  I put the Circle of Leaves die in white on the top.  I added foam tape behind some of the coloured strips and placed it on my card front.  It looks like it floats on the front of the card.

Items Used
*Cardstock:  Neenah Classic Crest Cover Solar White 110lb; Stampin' Up! Basic Black; assorted scraps
*Stamps:  Taylored Expressions Simple Strips
*Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Dies:  Simon Says Stamp Circle of Leaves; Taylored Expressions Simple Strips, Simple Strips Backers; Waffle Flower Additional Circles
*Etc:  acetate; foam adhesive


2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic technique Nancy! Will have to give this a try. I love that you kept all the colour in the background here. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Nancy. I've never tried this technique, but what a great idea! Your choice of leaf die is a perfect top layer for this type of project. xoxo Fran

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)