Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2022

*Addicted to CAS #218*

The team at Addicted to CAS is playing with just one layer for challenge #218.  To me, a one layer card means there is no other cardstock on the card other than the card itself.  You can add a few embellishments (pearls if you need to) but there shouldn't be any layers or dies (unless you do an inlaid technique).  It's a difficult thing to do... and it's hard to get depth and movement.


I saw a card on Pinterest a while back that I decided to try as a one layer card.  The card I saw had this awesome wave of colour, but it was paper strips that were then covered by layers of white cardstock to create the wave.  I had to put my thinking cap on to try to figure out how to make it just one layer.

To create it, I cut a "stencil" with a piece of printer paper using a wave die I have in my stash.  I cut 1/4" off the length of it and adhered the two pieces to my card front with green tape from Scrapbook.com.  I then used sponge daubers (the finger tip ones) and added my rainbow of Tim Holtz inks to the wave.  I let the coloured overlap because it would have been way too difficult to not have them overlapped LOL.  I added some Nuvo Aqua Shimmer to the wave and stamped my sentiment so it overlapped the wave just a bit.

Card Info
*Images:  Pink Fresh Studio Happy Birthday Sentiments
*Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne; Tim Holtz Distress Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean.\
*Embellishments:  Nuvo Aqua Shimmer
*Tools; finger daubers
*Challenges:  Addicted to CAS #218

I hope you'll play along with us and share your "one layer" creations with us HERE!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I really like your card. Thanks for the "how-to".

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)