Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

*CAS Colours & Sketches #469*

Now that I have a little more mobility (and I do mean a little) with my right hand, I decided to try making a card on yesterday afternoon.  Fine motor skills are still a bit of a struggle and I had to take a break part way through, but I managed to get a card done in time for the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge for this week.  

It's a sketch challenge this week... I hope you'll play along with us by sharing your clean and simple creations following the sketch below.  Just link that card up HERE!


I was thankful for my bin of extras as it helped me with the cut pieces.  All I had to do was cut the patterned paper, stamp the sentiment and put them all together 

Card Info
*Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! Real Red, Old Olive. Basic Black
*Paper:  MFT Black & White Stripes
*Images:  Spellbinders Sentiments for You
*Ink:  Versafine Claire Nocturne
*Dies:  Waffle Flower Additional Circles; Stampin' Up Pierced Blooms

I don't honestly know if I'll be able to keep trying to make cards while I'm healing, but it was really nice to make a cad yesterday.  It's been almost 4 weeks since I created... the longest I've gone without making a card in almost 5 years!  Using the hand/arm/wrist is important it getting motion and strength back but I want to be careful that I don't overdo it!


3 comments:

  1. So glad you were finally able to get a little card creating in, movement in the right direction is always a welcomed relief. Just don't over do it. I love the boldness and fun of your design. This is definitely a case where the extras sitting around in a basket can make for a great day, and an easy mojo inducing creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you managed to get creative this week Nancy - I'm sure it was a hood feeling! Little and often does it - your clean card with graphic stripes and pop of red behind your leaf atom is lovely. Continued healing hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous take on the sketch, Nancy. I love how clean and graphic your card is.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)