Pages

Saturday, May 27, 2023

*Less is More #484*

We have a one layer challenge at Less Is More... with flowers!  For a one layer card, there is *nothing* else for layers of paper or cardstock than the card base.  Maybe you could even call it a "no layer" card.  That means no die cuts (unless they are inlaid) and no mats.  


All of this is difficult for me!!  I like adding a simple mat to most of my cards.  And I LOVE die cuts!  One must become a little creative in how to create dimension without layers!  I chose to do some very light ink blending through a brick pattern stencil to start my card... added a stamped flower and sentiment and walked away.  This photo doesn't do the card justice... I think it looks better in your hand!

Card Info
*Images:  Altenew Fabulous Florets, Celebrate Today
*Ink:  Catherine Pooler Twilight, Flirty Fuchsia, Glitz; Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Stencils:  Lawn Fawn Brick
*Challengs:  Less is More #484


2 comments:

  1. I think this is absolutely gorgeous!! You made it look easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with one layer cards as I do love dimension and my die cuts.Your fantastic shading and colouring really gave this beauty so much depth.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)