Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

*Color Hues #70*

While babysitting a back up of my laptop, I decided to play along with the colour challenge at Color Hues.  I was worried that the colours of red and yellow would look too much like ketchup and mustard... and instead I managed to get a Mickey Mouse theme going on.  

I cut the wreath out of white two times and coloured some of the layering elements with my Copics...  I put the pieces on top of the white wreath and I didn't like it... so I cut a wreath out of black and used it instead... and I love how the colours pop on the black!

Card Info
*Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! Basic Black
*Images:  The Ton Easy Expressions
*Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne; Copics
*Dies:  Lawn Fawn Magic Iris Floral Wreath Add-On; The Ton Easy Expressions
*Tools:  Perfect Layers
*Etc:  foam adhesive strips (from Scrapbook.com)
*Embellishments:  Kaiser Pearls
*Challenges:  Color Hues #70


5 comments:

  1. I also love how your red and yellow flowers pop off that black wreath! This is just fabulous--love the CAS design, too! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I came by your blog yesterday, I believe it was, and read that you are having computer issues, UGH! I am so sorry! I certainly hope you get it all worked out! As for your card for our challenge at Color Hues, I love it. The black wreath was a great choice as your little flowers can steal the show now. Thanks for playing along and I hope to see you again soon at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy, I also came to let you know I admire the pretty wreath and beautiful card you made for our gallery at Color Hues! Sometimes using only two colors does bring funny ideas - I chuckled at your suggestions! The bright flowers on the black wreath show off this combo in style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, you always make such brilliant CAS designs, and this is one of them! Using black for the wreath was a great way to showcase the CH colors! Using the Mickey Mouse theme would have worked as well but I do love what you've done here! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy! So happy to find this beautiful card, inspired by our challenge colors, in the Color Hues gallery! Thanks for playing along ♥

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)