Pages

Monday, August 21, 2023

*Butterfly Encouragement*

It has been a stressful few days.  Last Tuesday I managed to spill my drink at my desk and it got all over my laptop.  We thought things were OK, until Wednesday morning when I came down to do a blog post before heading to work.  My MacBook said it needed to be reinstalled.  I shut it down and my husband took it to the Apple Store on Wednesday evening.  They took it apart and yup, there was still liquid inside the computer.  They suggested we leave it open and let it dry out for a few days.

And of course, my Apple Care has expired...

So Saturday we made sure there was no more liquid and we put the computer back together... and while it booted up and everything seemed OK, we realized it wasn't charging.  I powered it off and we went to have dinner.  I was feeling absolutely ILL at the thought of getting the computer fixed or replaced.  After dinner, suddenly my laptop was charging!  Sunday morning I came down to a fully charged laptop and I was hopeful that all was good with the world.  I watched some Netflix while creating, surfed Facebook for a while.... and then realized it wasn't charging again.  Noooooooo

I powered off the laptop, tried plugging it in to different outlets, brought it all back to my desk and plugged it in again and it's charging!  I don't know if this thing is going to survive or not... but I sure hope so!!!

Anyway.  I had some time to do a little creating yesterday so I decided to play with some challenges.  This one came together with some bits from my bin of extras along with a foiled sentiment.  So quick and easy!

Card Info
*Cardstock:  Spellbinders gold foil
*Images:  Pink Fresh Studio Small Butterflies
*Ink:  Versfine Clair Nocturne; Catherine Pooler Tranquil, Stone Blue, Cove Blue
*Dies:  Pink Fresh Studio Small Butterflies; Waffle Flower Circles
*Etc:  Pink Fresh Studio Foiled Sentiments
*Tools:  Perfect Layers

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Nancy! So clean and perfect...the gold truly sets it off. I hope your laptop continues to charge. My fingers are crossed for you. Thank you for playing in my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Nancy. I love the positive and encouraging sentiment and how you clustered your fabulous butterflies to allow us to focus on that sentiment. So glad you shared this wonderful card with us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)