Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2023

*Create It 3-Ways Instagram Hop*

 I participated in an Instagram Hop yesterday and since I didn't have access to my laptop for the last few days, I didn't get to get it posted here to share with my blog followers instead.  

This is a fun hop... once a month, on the 3rd Saturday of the month at 3pm eastern, a group of us share three cards we've created following a theme... the catch is, we must use at least ONE thing the same in all three cards...  a technique, a colour palette, a stamp set etc.  It's a great way to challenge yourself to use the supplies you have.

If you want to see the rest of the hop, head to my Instagram page and find the cards you see in this blog (the post on IG is dated Aug 19, 2023) post... then you can hop to see what everyone else created.

I took the challenge and ran with it, creating three cards using the same colour palette, the same stamp sets, a white on white panel and dry embossing.  I love how all three look the same, but are completely different

My first card was the least clean and simple of all of my designs...  I really love how this one turned out.  On all three cards, to create dimension with the butterflies, I put foam adhesive on the wings and liquid glue along the body and adhered it down to my card front, making sure to let the glue dry before I stopped pressing down the centre

Card Info
*Images:  Pink Fresh Studio Small Butterflies; The Ton Easy Expressions
*Ink:  Catherine Pooler Tranquil, Stone Blue, Cove Blue; Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Dies:  Pink Fresh Studio Small Butterflies; The Ton Easy Expressions
*Embossing Folder:  unknown (the info I had for it is incorrect)
*Etc:  Foam Adhesive

After my first card is when I decided to try to incorporate dry embossing in all three cards as well...  For this one, I used a folder, but only on a portion of my card.

Card Info
*Images:  Pink Fresh Studio Small Butterflies; The Ton Easy Expressions
*Ink:  Catherine Pooler Tranquil, Stone Blue, Cove Blue; Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Dies:  Pink Fresh Studio Small Butterflies; The Ton Easy Expressions
*Embossing Folder:  Darice Hennah

My last card, I had a vision in my head.  I wanted it to be super clean and simple.  I wanted a flourish.  I searched through all of my dies and the only flourish I had was one with an ornament on it.  I thought about cutting the die cut apart.... but then realized I could just cover the snowflake with the right sized butterfly!

Card Info
*Images:  Pink Fresh Studio Small Butterflies; The Ton Easy Expressions
*Ink:  Catherine Pooler Tranquil, Stone Blue, Cove Blue; Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Dies:  Birch Press Laskett Ornament; Pink Fresh Studio Small Butterflies; The Ton Easy Expressions
*Tools:  Scor Pal
*Etc:  Foam Adhesive

I hope you liked these cards as much as I do...  I am truly thrilled with this trio!


9 comments:

  1. I love your cards. They are really pretty. What card stock did you use? Keep the cards coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't know where to find the swirl you used. Link please??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where to get it either as others are saying it's discontinued. The die is by Birch Press and it's called Laskett Ornament

      Delete
    2. I did a search and did find that Frantic Stamper in the US has a few in stock

      Delete
    3. I don't see it either - I searched high and low with no luck - any help would be greatly appreciated since I just love the look - thanks

      Delete
  4. All are simply amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your beautiful cards Nancy! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining our call your card is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)