Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2024

*Create It Three Ways February Birthday*

 I'm playing along with the Create it Three Ways Instagram Hop again this month... our theme for February is Birthday!  Come see what the rest of the players created by visiting my Instagram account.  You'll find the post (dated February 17 2024) and will be able to click to see all of the other creations.  We'd LOVE it if you gave us some love!

Here's how it works... each month we have a theme to work with (this month, as I mentioned, it's birthday)... we then make a total of three projects (I choose to do cards) using this theme AND we have to have at least one thing that is recurring in all three cards...  a colour combination, stamps, dies, technique...  at least one thing that is in all three cards.

I like to challenge myself to do a little more than one recurring thing in all three cards...  this month, all three of my cards are portrait orientation, all three use the same patterned paper, the same embossing folder and the same stamp!

Here are my creations....  

For this first one, I stamped my sentiment on a cut down piece of white cardstock.  Once it was dry, I put it through my Big Shot after lining up the big circle of the embossing folder.
This second one is pretty straight forward.... I had the embossed background and added a strip of the patterned paper down the centre of it.
For this third card, I had the embossed panel and cut it in to three pieces.  I put one piece on the green layer (before cutting it down with the Perfect Layers tool) then added in a strip of the patterned paper... then the centre piece, and a strip of the pattern paper, and then finally the last piece of the embossed cardstock.  I then used the Perfect Layers tool and my Xacto knife to create the green border.

Card Info
*Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! Granny Apple Green
*Paper:  Stampin' Up! Pattern Party
*Images:  Uniko Wonderful Day
*Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Dies:  Waffle Flower Nesting Circles, Additional Circles
*Embossing:  Lisa Horton Layered Bubbles
*Tools:  Perfect Layers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)