Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2019

*You'll Owl-Ways Be My Favorite*

Happy Thursday everyone!  I am over on the Scrap 'n Stamp blog today with a fun owl card.  I decided to mix up a few different elements in to one card to create a fun clean and simple card.
I had fun playing with the Concord & 9th Bitty Burst Turnabout Stamp as well as some images and dies from My Favorite Things.
I knew that I wanted my Turnabout Stamp to be in the top left corner of my card instead of centred, so instead of working with a square piece of cardstock or putting the image centred on the cardstock, I played around with how to position things so that it would all work out in the corner.  I am thankful that my husband is visual and was able to help me figure this one out!  What I learned is that the stamp itself still has to be centred on the Turnabout Jig, but that I can move my cardstock to where I want the image to show up.  It's also OK if your cardstock hangs out the edges of your stamping platform, as long as you don't end up pressing too hard on the door near the edges where the cardstock is hanging over the edge.  You can see in the photo above you I have the centering guide centred on the jig but my cardstock is not centred.
I inked up my stamp and stamped it once, then turned my cardstock which is temporarily attached to the jig one quarter turn clockwise.  You can see that it just fits inside my Misti on the left side.  I cleaned the stamp an inked it again to stamp the second colour.
Once again, you can see here that my cardstock is hanging out the edge of my Misti... 
I stamped the MFT image with Black Memento Ink and coloured it with the Copics shown above before using the matching die and my Big Shot to cut out the owl.  I used foam adhesive to pop up the owl and stamped the phrase using VersaFine Claire ink. I love this ink for fine detailed stamps like phrases and sentiments as it gives such a clean and crisp result.

The more I play with these Turnabout Stamps, the more I am enjoying them.  I am enjoying figuring out different ways to use them and am thankful that they came out with the Centering Guides and the Turnabout Jig to help us all get these great stamps lined up perfectly each time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)