Pages

Wednesday, October 09, 2019

*A Little More (Di)Stressed*

Happy Wednesday, everyone!!! I hope you are all having a good week so far. Calgary got another dump of snow yesterday (we had a huge snowstorm about 10 days ago and all of that snow had melted) so I am looking out my window at a whole lot of white. The nice thing about Calgary is that even though we get snow (sometimes way too early), we can almost count on the sun to come out again and melt what's on the ground.

In trying to figure out what to share on the blog today, I was feeling a little stumped. I just didn't know what I wanted to do. I was in a bit of a creative slump. I was sitting at my desk for quite a while before I decided to grab one of my cast off ideas from the Distress Ink Blog Hop last weekend and create with that. While I didn't love how this piece turned out a week ago, I decided to see what I could come up with.
I created this piece as a full 4.25 X 5.5" panel and it was just too much for my liking... thus why I didn't use it for the blog hop. For this card, I trimmed it down quite a bit to fill only a portion of the card.

I started by inking a white piece of cardstock with three colours of Distress Oxide ink (Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon, Fired Brick). I set the panel aside to dry for a while before placing the Picket Fence Studios Sunburst stencil over top of the piece and smearing on some Moonstone Nuvo Glimmer Paste. I once again set it aside to dry. I like how the glimmer paste changes the colours of the background.

To create the card I simply matted the trimmed down sunburst panel with black cardstock and placed on the side of card. I stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn Simply Sentiments in Nocturne VersaFine Clair ink.


A super simple card, but I find that the oxide blended background and the glimmer paste really give it a pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)