Pages

Thursday, February 09, 2023

*A Christmas Card and a Video*

 OK creative friends... I'm going to ask  you to be kind!  I have been encouraged by a few people to do crafty videos and I decided to take the leap today.  I don't have the time right now to put in to editing videos so I thought I'd start filming "create along with me" type videos where I make a card more or less in real time (I have planned some things out before I started filming but I filmed in real time with commentary as I went).  After my first video I thought that maybe I'd try filming myself following some card making challenges.

Now I don't know how successful I will be at continuing this...  I am off work this week and Bruce is in Copenhagen for work so my craft room is all mine so it was easy to film.  I don't know what that will look like when Bruce is home as I feel pretty self conscious talking to myself.

So today is my first video in a very long time...  and it shows you how I made this card... (scroll down to see the video)

 Card Info
*Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! Evening Evergreen
*Images:  Simon Says Stamp Christmas Blessings
*Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Dies:  Simon Says Stamp Christmas Blessings
*Embossing:  Lisa Horton Crafts Pinecones Slimline
*Tools:  Perfect Layers
*Embellishments:  Picket Fence Studio Candy Cane Gem Mix

Let's hope I remember how to imbed a video from YouTube.... if it doesn't work, you can see the video by clicking HERE





10 comments:

  1. Well done Nancy, fun to watch you create

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card! thank you for joining in the 52 christmas card throwdown sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is subtle beauty at its' best. Thanks for sharing with us at 52CCT this week. Smiles, Kathy DT>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the video Nancy! A beautiful card -- I had wondered about using slimline embossing folders for A2 cards Also I appreciate the crafting tips you included (now I know why to get the special triangle tray). Hope you do more videos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card! I absolutely love your take on the sketch! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  6. très élégante création Nancy, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh stunning and very gorgeous card! So elegant and absolutely amazing! Love that you did a card all in white! You did a very good job with the video, keep going and thanks for the tips. And thank you for joining us at 52 Christmas card throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so pleased you shared your card at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Nancy - it is beautiful. I really enjoyed your video tutorial, so have subscribed and can't wait to see more! Gill, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Christmas card. Thank you for company at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phenomenal win Nancy! Thanks for playing with us at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)