Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

*Birthday Bounce Instagram Hop -- Cake*

It's time to be hopping over on Instagram with the Birthday Bounce Instagram Hop!  Every month, a group of us get together and post a birthday card following a common theme.  This month, our theme is cake.

Now, I will admit I almost skipped this month... I don't have any cake stamps.  The cupcake stamps and dies I had I sold in the last garage sale.  I have a few great cake sentiments but I wasn't sure what to put with them without a cake.

And then I remember the Scrapbooks & Cards Today weekend I signed up for last fall... there was a stencil set from Taylored Expressions in that mix of things.  I will be honest that I did not do the class for this product because I honestly hated it.  I hated the colours, the cake felt off in proportion.  I just couldn't do it.  The kit was in my box to sell at the garage sale, but it didn't sell.  So I pulled it out and had a better look at it.  And I saw that there was, in addition to the cake and the slice of cake, a cupcake stencil, stamps and die!

And while I still don't love this kit, I was able to create something to share with you today using some bright fun colours!

Card Info
*Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! Lemon Lime Twist
*Stamps:  Taylored Expressions Cake Walk, Simple Strips Birthday
*Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne; Tim Holtz Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Wilted Violet, Candied Apple
*Stencils:  Taylored Expressions Cake Walk
*Dies:  Taylored Expressions Cake Walk, Simple Strips
*Tools:  Perfect Layers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)